Yep, that means I've lost a few uncles this past year. I just got back from the last funeral--the 3rd. Hopefully that means the superstitions are right and its the end of that for a while. Each was a blessing due to long illness.
I don't think I know of anyone else in the family who is that sick. Hopefully it's not just because I can't think.
Gutburner stayed home with the kids. They all survived. We'll call "him" "Gutburner" due to his love of all things spicy. I apologize to his stomach on frequent occasions.
It was good to see many members of my family I hadn't seen in a few years. I only managed to offend one of them--unless no one else mentioned it to me. It had to do with Indiana probably being second only to North Carolina in the number of smokers per capita and the fact that I didn't have asthma the last time she saw me. Apparently pulling out my inhaler when its needed jabs the knife in too far. That and my habit for being recklessly blunt. That's what you'll find here. So I apologized knowing that anything I do certainly won't change her.
Oh! My sister's pregnant! We're still wondering if that will change her status as single seeing as she's been with the guy for over 14 years--I don't have to count since its only 2 weeks after my wedding that she started dating him. Or if she can convince him to change his unfortunate last name for the sake of their child's social health. I'm sure there's lots she's hiding in regards to both of those things. On the plus side, her SO did come to dinner with us! Yes, this is right up there with miraculous considering the first time we met him, he whispered all the answers to any questions we asked of him into her ear for her to speak! No, that's not an exaggeration in the slightest, believe it or not! Unfortunately the gorgeous dress she bought a few years ago for the wedding doesn't fit anymore. Don't you just want to shoot her in this picture? Skinny bitch.
I guess karma is biting her there. Really, I'm not bitter! I'm just glad she's finally having one of those kids she has wanted badly since we were calling her Chubawubz when she was 8 months old. Doesn't matter where the sperm comes from. Even if her new last name will suggest that nickname if she ever marries him.
No comments:
Post a Comment