Thursday, September 11, 2008

I finally made it

to a doctor's appointment, that is! It seems I've been having a problem in that area lately. Probably because I see too much of them. Yesterday it was the pulmonologist. That one's been scheduled for months. However, the ones I recently scheduled last week and even re-scheduled for this week were 1) canceled due to illness, 2) missed because I slept right through it after going back to bed on same ill day, 3) canceled due to being up north due to the funeral and 4) forgotten because Outlook didn't remind me until 5 minutes before it was scheduled--and I was still in bed. The last one--rescheduled--is in an hour. Think I'll make it?
So the pulmonologist, after seeing that I had wonderful PFT's (9 years of playing a wind instrument will do that to you, even if you're near death with wheezing), took my word for it that I've needed the inhaler up to 4 times in a day, said that wasn't cutting it and gave me Prednisone. Please send prayers or vibes for "boobs don't grow" like DFIL's did post-transplant.
Thing 1 is doing cruddy in spelling. Teacher added that bit of info (which I already knew since his school has a great online grading system) to a thank-you note for some pencil grips I sent in. So my mom quizzed him last night, probably will again tonight and I think he'll ace tomorrow's test. He has some kind of karate demonstration thing for the city tonight at an event where the city shows off its services. He's worried he'll hurt his foot trying to break a board.
Thing 2 has a busy schedule of speech therapy and dance class after school. That's what Thursday's like. Hopefully that will go better than 2 weeks ago where she rebelled over everything.

No comments: