Got to my next doctor's appointment, that is. And was so happy to hear that they might be able to fix the vertigo that's been plagueing me for 2 1/2 weeks! SO I went back an hour later to see the audiologist who hooked me up to some space goggles and told me to follow the light. They test your level of dizziness by watching your post-rotary nystagmus. That is, how your eyes shake when you're dizzy. So after following the light left and right and up and down came the fun part--lying backwards and to the left and to the right. Left is obviously the big problem. Then came the wierd part--did you know that air blown into your ear for extended periods of time could make you dizzy? Well it most certainly does. Cold is far worse than hot.
Soon after lunch I get a call to pick up Thing 1 from school with a sore throat. He's acting fine now. But now he can't go to his karate thing. Right now he and I are excited about the new Leapfrog toy, Didj. You can plug in your spelling list for the week and it will make games with them. Maybe we'll get one for his spelling tests because he's having a hard time with them. And I'm having far too little patience for 3rd grade spelling.
Done for now, tis taking far too long to type this in.
No comments:
Post a Comment